Translate

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Color Room

Good morning all i hope your weekend is treating you well. I am just quickly popping in this morning to share my page that i created using The Color Rooms' palette #131. It is also featured this week so i would like to thank them for featuring my page as well :) I really have taken a fancy to creating with these lovely palettes as they always challenge me into trying new colour combos and offer a sketch as well. So without further adieu here is my page.


 
 
 
I created my page by flicking my page with paint, i used Kaisercraft Olive and Making Memories Poppy. When i flick paint i like to squeeze some in my hand and then flick my fingers, it gives a better splatting effect i feel but can make a mess so i head outside for it. Hands are lovely tools to use during art and i use them alot more than a paint brush. I then mixed some Kaisercraft Orange with texture paste and scrapped it through my Prima mask, once dry i scrapped plain texture paste through over the top. To give some more texture i preceded to wrap my page up with twine. Using my Cricut i cut the vines out and doodled on them. I used mostly paper from the Kaisercraft Save the Date paper pad, and embellies from Green Tara and Prima.
 
Here is the palette i used to create my page.
 
 
 Palette #131 {His Room} due Oct 12
 
 
 
I also was featured over at Prima for my page i did using their September PPP. Congrats to the winners and to everyone else who was featured. Prima is one of my fav brands to scrap with, i hope i get a chance to play along this month. So that is it from me for now. I do have a heap of pages i want to share with you but i will save it for another day. Thanks for dropping by :) I hope you all get some creating done :) 

3 comments:

Adriana B said...

fantastic photo, love the earthy colours, you have done a great layout for the challenge :)

Di Garling said...

You have really rocked this challenge, they weren't easy colours!!! Great take on this pallette. Fantastic. Di xo

Shaunagh @ Home and Hobbies said...

This is such a great layout, so bright, fantastic x