Translate

Monday, September 30, 2013

School holidays means creating!

I really love school holidays! I not only get to have my kids at home and have lazy mornings but it usually means fun, fun and more fun. We have been creating alot in between camping, going visiting, and all the other stuff. We went down to Bundy on the weekend to visit the inlaws and the girls had such a blast with all the baby animals their Nana had down on her farm. Of course i got an opportunity to have a little shop too. I managed to find some owl mugs. I have quite a little growing collection of different owls and these just fit right in. I am looking forward to a lovely cuppa with them :)


 
 
I have also managed to read a few books these holidays and the kids have had a blast going to the library. There is lots to do and this week they will be attending another art class there.  Two of my fav books i have managed to read are
 
 

 
 
So i have been scrapping but alot of it is for upcoming DT challenges for Scrap Africa. So i will share them of course when it is time. However i managed to finish something i started along time ago. Around 3 years ago i began my love of creating on canvas. Of course i also have a habit of not finishing things. Something i am trying to rectify but i guess i just put it down to having to many ideas. Anyway i started a canvas for my oldest daughter and i some babushka dolls from my cricut, sapped down some scraps and this is as far as i got...
 
 

 
 
Looking pretty blah at this point. Anyway add some Gesso, Texture paste and mists, using some scraps and here you have it a canvas for my daughters room.


 
 
Okay so that is it from me, take care. 

 
 


6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. It sounds like you have having a great holiday! Your canvas looks wonderful.. love the end result!!

Belinda Scott said...

AWESOME canvas!!! Love the before and after photo :)

Unknown said...

Your canvas turned out awesome!!! Love the addition of the different art mediums to really give it the "wow" effect :) :) Those owl mugs are totally adorable, too!!

Chantalle said...

That canvass is brilliant! Liking the look of those books too (when was the last time I have enough time to read a book.....lol)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love to see what a difference mixed media makes to a project...love your canvas.

Maryana Volkova said...

Wow! :)))