Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I will scrap on...

Hello all!! I hope we are all keeping well?? I had a bit of a cull of my stuff the other week and sold some of my older stock which of course made way for me to buy some new stock. It is funny how our styles change, what i once thought was cute paper i now find horrible. I am consciously also making an effort to use some stuff i haven't even opened. I am definitely over stickers and rubons as over time they do not keep well. With everything going on I really am not sure what my style is anymore ( if i ever really had one in the first place, lol) but armed with my new stock i managed to sit and scrap the other day. The first page is still under construction. The second which i finished this morning took me a few days. I was inspired by the monthly sketch over at Scraptherapy and combined some Kaisercraft and a wee bit of Green Tara.

Here is this months sketch designed by Mandy Dodd. So pop over and check out what the ladies have come up with.


 
 
 
This is what i came up with.
 
 
 
 
So that is it from me for now, thanks to everyone for your lovely comments it means the world to me :) Until next time keep scrapping, take care!
 


10 comments:

Janice Nicholls said...

So happy that you have scrapped. This is just beautiful...lots of delish layers, gorgeous photo and love the banner. Take care of you. :) x

Shaunagh @ Home and Hobbies said...

Beautiful layout, really stunning :-)

Deb said...

This is just gorgeous, Billie-Jean. I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Therapy.

Lizzyc said...

HI.. Yes I know what you mean.. I have so many stickers and rubons I need to just go mad and use them up!! Our styles and likes do change and the new products that are coming out are amazing! Love your take on the sketch, so very pretty with all the flowers and such an adorable photo!! enjoy the rest of the week!

Unknown said...

Aww, what a beautiful, sweet layout!

Good for you on moving out some old stash and bringing in some new! There's nothing quite like new product to get the creativity going :). I do that at least every few months- if I haven't used it in the last 3 months, I sell it and move on. I'm always inspired by new product!

As far as your style- isn't it a beautiful thing to watch yourself evolve? I used to love stickers, shaped scissors, clean designs, and my sister still reminds me of when I used to say that I could never see myself using flowers! And now I'm completely different! So embrace this change and let your artistic lead take you where it wants to. You'll probably love where you end up :).

Take care!

xErin

Julie said...

Great take on the sketch. Love the banner. Thanks for playing along with us at Therapy.

Adriana B said...

fabulous take on sketch, love all the banners at the bottom :)

Di Garling said...

Beautiful Billie-Jean. Di xo

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Now following your blog. Love this gorgeous LO and all your work. Thanks for the inspiration.

mandysea said...

Oh wow!! thats such an elegant LO!! Gorgeous and soft - perfect for the photo!