Translate

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Hello everyone i know i am a little late in wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year but i have only just now settled back into normal routines. I am also having alot of problems with blogger!!!

Christmas was so much fun. We had such a lovely time away with my brother and his future wife holding the Christmas party this year in Townsville, gosh i miss that place. Then my sisters and Dad spent New Years at my house, a nice quiet one this year. We have all been introduced to the game of Cluedo, lol and spent half the night playing that mixed with a few drinks and then it was all over for another year.

I can't believe 2012 is over, so much happened with funny things like the supposed "end of the world" and although it was a tough year 2012 had some good points; we got our new car, i am happier now then i have ever been and my health is getting better all the time!!!  Life over the past month has been kind and finally i am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. So into the new year. Already 2013 has seen my eldest turn 9, wow almost double digits!!! 2013 is set to be an amazing year with so so much going on, my baby starting school, as well as my brother and my friend getting married to name a few things. I am happy and yet sad that my baby is going to school yet it is something that has to happen.

I haven't scrapped since November but managed to have a play this week but i am still finding my mojo. I have done lots of experimenting, some good and some bad, lol.

Anyway with the New Year well under way i wanted to reflect on my Top 12 for 2012. I scrapped so much last year and it was quite hard to narrow it done.

No 1: SLURP, SLURP, SLURP - This one i did back in January for the Kraft it Up challenge and surprisingly it won!!! I just love the freshness of the green and of course those photos,lol.


 
 
No 2: A PERFECT MOMENT - This was a page i created for The Color Room in April. It managed to be featured on their photo wall which made my day. I love remembering this time when my daughter was a baby, nothing is more beautiful than a mother breastfeeding her child. I spent alot of time on this page colouring in those flowers and carefully layering and placing the embellies.


 
 
No 3: BE THE CHANGE..... - This page i did for both BITW and 123 Challenge back in June. I spent alot of time creating the flowers and doing the butterflies, not to mention getting that mist perfect,lol. It was also the first time i decided to sprinkle beads into paint, such a wonderful effect.
 

 
 
 
No 4: YOU ARE MY WORLD - This is just a page i created using Prima bits and pieces. I found the photo of my daughter in my files and had never scrapped it. She is just so gorgeous with her chubbiness and curly locks. I also used Aqua and Cream, a combination i never use.
 




No 5 : UNIQUE - This page was created using the sketch over at Scraptherapy in July. It was there first sketch challenge and i won with it. I love the simplicity of the page and the photos are a fav too. I love spiders webs they are so beautiful and made so well by something so yuck, lol.


 
 
 
No 6: This page i created with the August Prima BAP. It was fun and ended up being a very thick page by the end of it. I love the photo of my girl so much, she is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen!!!
 
 



No 7: This page i created for an August challenge at CSI. I love the colour scheme and the girly grunge feel to it. Plus my daughter is gorgeous as well. I had fun using all the new ranges from Prima this month.




No 8: IF I COULD REACH... - I did this page in August for BITW. It was featured! I really experimented here and it turned out so different than i had planned. Don't you just love selfies???


 
 
No 9: ADORE - This was a page i did whilst on the WW1 Creative Team. It was the turning point for me liking orange. I love the paint splatters and swirls. 




No 10: THOSE LASHES - This photo amazes me! My daughter has amazing eyes and amazing lashes to set them off. I wanted to create a delicate page. I used Smooch paints to colour and outline my chippy.

 
 
No 11: CELEBRATE - I created this page for the Websters September Mix and Match challenge. I used quite a lot of ranges. Lots of layering here.

 
 
 LASTLY No 12: This is a canvas i did for my Sister-in-Laws engagement. I spent alot of time on this cutting out the leaves on my Cricut and layering texture pastes and paints.


 
 
So that is it my Top 12 of 2012!! I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. When i get my mojo back i will be back to share the first page of the new year. Happy Scrapping!!!
                       

2 comments:

Janice Nicholls said...

Hey Billie, Happy New Year.It is so good to hear you are feeling much better..... Yay!!! All your layout are amazing, look forward to see many more during 2013. :)

Unknown said...

Loving your positive outlook on the new year :) fabulous collection of favorites, each is beautiful!!!