Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"My Darling Girl" - January challenge for ARTastic

What a week i am having and it is only just Wednesday! Finally we got the internet and phone back on after what seemed like an eternity, yay!! But i know that is selfish as others suffered far worse than having no internet or power here in Australia and my thoughts are with those going through those tough times.
Happy note!!!A major highlight was yesterday. Yesterday was a big step for me in more ways than one. My baby started Prep and my oldest is now in year 4. It went smoothly, no tears! In a way i am pleased because i really didn't want to become a blubbering mess either! My Preppy was so adorable, had fun and made lots of friends!!! A huge relief when i picked them up and they were both smiling and enthusiastic for the next day, win win! But i do get a little lonely by myself :( but i do have my dog :) On another note i also lined up a job and am also teaching again at my local scrapbook store, so all round my life is heading in the right direction. Okay enough ranting and raving, lol, onto some sharing now.

Whilst blog hopping i discovered a wonderful challenge blog and have been meaning to play along for awhile but always ran out of time. However for some reason this months challenge really stood out to me and i really wanted to have ago and experiment with a few things.


Pop over here to check out ARTastic, it is a great blog where inspiration is found in works of art.

 This months inspiration comes to you from ... My Blue Angel by 3D chalk artist - Jenny McCracken.




Criteria – the use of chalk or the addition of wings on your entry

or be adventurous and use both :)
 
 
What amazing inspiration!! When i saw it and the criteria i knew what i was going to do straight away. I wanted to give my daughter wings. I have seen this time and time again and have never done it before ever. I was a little iffy when i first started to cut my daughter out but continued on hoping for the best. To create the wings i used my Kaisercraft butterfly mask and texture paste. Once dry i rubbed in some chalk and covered it in Kindy Glitz. I rubbed more chalk around the edge of the page and continued to add my bits and bobs. I found some old chains i bought a long time ago and decided to add them as well. I love the whimsical feel to my page and as for the cutting of the photo it is probably something i will do again. So here is my page....
 

 
 A little close up of the wings and my daughter cut out...


Just a quick little pic of my little Preppy!!! Such a cutie!!!


TFL!! I am off to turn the aircons on. So hot here. Take care.
 
 

6 comments:

Jane said...

Such a gorgeous layout. It truly is stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at ARTastic this month. So hope we will see more of your lovely work.

Mrs Rogers said...

Billie-Jean so glad you liked our inspiration for this month and what an amazing page you have come up with. It is truely beautiful, the colours, the photo and ofcourse those beautiful wings you have created. Thanks so much for joining us this month at ARTastic

Shazza said...

Best wings I have seen for a long time...Well done!! Billie-Jean, the whole layout had pulled together just beautifully! Thanks for joining in at ARTastic this month, and hope to see you again :)

DebiJ said...

Wow Billie-Jean, this is a wonderful page!! What a beautiful photo of your DD, and love the textural feel & colours to your whole page. Marvellous wings too. Thanks for playing with us at ARTastic!

Dolly B said...

A very cool layout
Mary

Helene Bogren said...

Gorgeous! Love the wings and all the details!! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic!