Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Challenge for Show Us Your Stuff!

 Almost didn't think i would get this one done what with so much going on around me but for a brief second i pushed everything from my mind and decided to get a layout done. It took a while to gel it all together, i think because the background is so full on. The inspiration for the layout was a visual one

 
I immediately thought of my daughters first birthday when i did a chocolate cake and covered it with sprinkles, way back when i could get away with simple cakes. She loved it and that is all that matters. I used a lid off my Cranberry juice bottle and smeared it into some paint and then stamped all over the page, this was to kind of represent the sprinkles, and from then on it was a matter of carefully picking embellishments that would go OK with it. So here is what i came up with.


This is just a little close up of my little Sassafras feltie owl, just love my owls!!



Anyway hope you enjoy and thanks for looking!!

6 comments:

leannes scrappy stuff said...

Hi Billie-Jean I just love your lo Awesome, I love what you did with the bottle and all the different paint colours and I love that owl!! thanks for joining us at SUYS cheers!

sarah martin said...

Billie-Jean love your take on the challenge. The circles are very effective.
Thanks for playing at SUYS x

Penny said...

Your background is unique and beautiful! I love owls too!

Marelle said...

WOWW Billie-Jean I adore your layout whooo
thanks for playing along with us at SUYSx

Sandrine Dawes said...

Beautiful colourful layout Billie-Jean, saw your beautiful layout on the Prima blog, well done! And thanks for playing along with us at SUYS!

Leanne J said...

fantastic work Billie-Jean... woohoo....... awesome work on the background.... and oh LOL about the getting away with simple cakes.. happens to all of us hey... happy days.. thanks for playing at SUYS....